Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ideas for Future Minecraft Gamenights

Go down 
AuthorMessage
onyx spartan
Community Manager
onyx spartan

Ideas for Future Minecraft Gamenights Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for Future Minecraft Gamenights   Ideas for Future Minecraft Gamenights Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 4:35 pm

With the next title update to Minecraft bringing in some neat features (not a plug), this will easily help expand the amount of stuff we can do. This got me to thinking, what if I take our current Minecraft world (or maybe create a new one specifically for these events so we have plenty of room to build on) and hold various mini-games and events on it?

For example, there is Mineball (link to a video of Mineball) and there is Spleef. (<--- link to Spleef) Plus I'm sure we can come up with our own events to hold and there are a few I already have that I'm working on. This is where Inside View City (more on this in a bit) comes into play, each person that participates in these event will be required to build some sort of house/shelter in Inside View City and the "winner" of the event for that gamenight will be granted the "Tower of Pimps" to stand outside their structure until the next gamenight. The Tower is simply one Obsidian block acting as a base for four gold blocks to be placed ontop of it. I thought we could make the destruction and construction of the Tower into a sort of "ritual" (for lack of better terms) and we can then upload that to our YT channel.

Now, Inside View City is where everyone that plays in a gamenight will build their small-to-medium sized house/shelter. We already have kind of a start on it with the first Minecraft gamenight, but it still is missing some IVG Staff and could use more buildings in general from others.
Some of the ideas I have rolling around are the two I mentioned before, plus someone I talk with over Twitter (shoutout to XeroZebra) mentioned of a sort of survival thing. Give everyone an iron sword and have them venture out and around the world, last person standing after so many "rounds" wins that week. Plus...the Tower can always go missing....

Now what I want from you guys is your feedback on all this and if you have any cool sounding events that you think we can build and pull off.

Edit: Getting some good feedback from this so far. Someone has brought to my attention that some changes will need made to this. We should really think of our own "events" to have

So I am thinking of changing the name of the tower to something that holds a little more meaning to us. Suggestions anyone?
Back to top Go down
http://ivgaming.co.uk/

Ideas for Future Minecraft Gamenights
Page 1 of 1